- AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS: Tobacco, Alcohol, and Other Drugs: The Role of the Pediatrician in Prevention, Identification, and Management of Substance Abuse PEDIATRICS Vol. 115 No. 3 March 2005, pp. 816-821.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Substance Abuse Substance Abuse: A Guide for Health Professionals, 2nd edition. 2001, American Academy of Pediatrics.
- American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Substance Abuse (COSA) – http://www.aap.org/visit/cmte35.htm
- American Academy of Pediatrics Committee on Substance Abuse. Policy Statement: Alcohol Use by Youth and Adolescents – A Pediatric Concern. Pediatrics. Vol. 125 No. 5 May 2010, pp. 1078-1087.
- AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS: Alcohol Use by Youth and Adolescents: A Pediatric Concern PEDIATRICS Volume 125, Number 5, May 2010, pp. 1078-1087
- AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS: Indications for Management and Referral of Patients Involved in Substance Abuse PEDIATRICS Vol. 106 No. 1 July 2000, pp. 143-148
- Baer JS, Kivlahan DR, Blume AW, et al. Brief intervention for heavy drinking college students: 4-year follow-up and natural history. Am J Public Health. 2001;91:1310 –1316.
- Barangan CJ, Alderman EM. Management of Substance Abuse Pediatrics in Review Vol.23 No.4 April 2002, pp. 123 – 131
- Borsari B, Carey KB. Effects of a brief motivational intervention with college student drinkers. J Consult Clin Psychol.2000;68:728 –733.
- Garg A et al. Association of Substance Use Discussion by Pediatric Providers With the Parent—Provider Relationship and Maternal Behavior Change. Clinical Pediatrics.March 2010 49: 240-248.
- Greer SW, Bauchner H, Zuckerman B. Pediatrician’s knowledge and practices regarding parental use of alcohol. American Journal of Diseases of Childhood. 1990 Nov;144(11):1234-7.
- Levy, S and Knight, JR. Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment for Adolescents. Journal of Addiction Medicine. 2008;2: 215–221.
- Marlatt GA, Baer JS, Kivlahan DR, et al. Screening and brief intervention for high-risk college student drinkers: results from a 2-year follow-up assessment. J Consult Clin Psychol. 1998;66:604–615.
- Provider Guide: Adolescent Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment for Alcohol and Other Drug Use Using the CRAFFT Screening Tool (June 2010). Developed by: The Massachusetts Department of Public Health, The Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership Boston, MA, and Health Team Works, Lakewood, CO
- Tobacco, Alcohol, and Other Drugs: The Role of the Pediatrician in Prevention, Identification, and Management of Substance Abuse. John W. Kulig, MD, MPH and the Committee on Substance Abuse. PEDIATRICS Vol. 115 No. 3 March 2005, pp. 816-821.
- Wagner EF, Dinklage SC, Cudworth C, et al. A preliminary evaluation of the effectiveness of a standardized Student Assistance Program. Subst Use Misuse. 1999;34:1571–1584.